Saturday, July 6, 2013

Curve Balls

Sometimes in life, you get thrown curve balls that aren't planned. Usually they come flying somewhere in the back. 

Today I had that. Yes, I broke down (it was a HUGE curve ball). But what made it different than all the other curve balls that have been thrown my way, is that I had people to back me up and support me on what was going on and what choices I was about to make. The most important thing (I was reminded this today), we as girls we get a curve ball about every other month or so (at least that's what I feel like happens). It's how we react to that curve ball, my dad reminded me of something he always tells his kids when he's coaching; 

Failure happens all the time. It happens everyday in soccer practice and/or a soccer game, what makes you better is how you react to it.

Great reminder, huh? Some times we react horribly where it ruins what's happening around us. Or maybe your like me and you keep it in for so long that finally you boil over and break down. 

Someone earlier told me that (the most obvious thing to do) just give it up to God and let go. That can be the hardest thing to do in life. Let go of your problems and give it over to the Almighty, Christ. I personally think it's easier said then done. 

Why am I telling you all this you might be asking....because we go through trials that we think we can't get through. I'm here to tell you that you can; give it up to God. Have people back you up in life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment