1. Lawn and garden — Studies show that the magnesium and sulfur that comprise Epsom salt may help your plants grow greener, produce higher yields and have more blooms!
2. Pedicure — Combine 1/2 cup Epsom salt and warm soapy
water, then soak your feet for 5 minutes to soften skin. Remove nail
polish, push back cuticles, then cut and file your nails. Soak an
additional 5 minutes in a warm Epsom bath for super soft feet.
3. Hair volumizer — Combine equal parts conditioner and
Epsom salt. Work the mixture through your hair and leave for 20
minutes. The result? Hair full of va-va-voom and volume!
4. Facial scrub — This is one of my favorite Epsom salt
uses. Mix 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt with your favorite cleanser; massage
into skin using small circles to give your pores a deep-cleaning. Rinse
your face with cool water, pat dry. This is one of the most refreshing
Epsom salt uses!
5. Relax — Add two cups of Epsom salt to your very-warm
bath water and soak for 15 minutes. You can purchase Epsom salt with
lavender or eucalyptus for an extra-soothing bath experience. Be careful
when standing up, you’ll find that you are VERY relaxed after your
Epsom salt bath.
6. Sea salt texturizing hair spray — Combine 1 cup of
hot water, 2 tablespoons Epsom salt, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and 1/2
tsp conditioner in a spray bottle. Spray salt mixture into hair and
scrunch hair with your hand for pretty beachy-waves.
7. Fabric softener crystals — Mix 4 cups of Epsom salt
and 20 drops of essential oil to make DIY fabric softener crystals. Use
1/4 cup per load and add at beginning of wash. What a clever way to use
Epsom salt, and also a way to save money!
8. Splinter removal — Soak your finger in an Epsom salt bath for easy splinter extraction.
9. Body scrub — After showering, massage handfuls of Epsom salt over wet skin to exfoliate the body. Get a spa treatment at home! Get more facial scrub recipes here.
10. Exfoliation — For exfoliation, mix 2 cups of Epsom
salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender
essential oil. Gently massage into dry patches for smoother skin.
11. Mosquito bites — Epsom salt can ease the symptoms
of mosquito bites. Make a compress by soaking a washcloth in cold water
that has been mixed with Epsom salt (2 tablespoons per cup of water),
then gently apply to the bite area. This is yet another one of my
favorite Epsom salt uses.
12. Sore muscles and arthritis — If your muscles or
joints ache, an Epsom salt bath is a great way to find relief. Add 2
cups of Epsom salt to your very-warm bath water, agitate the water with
your hands to dissolve it then soak for 15 minutes.
13. Tile cleaner — Mix equal parts of dish soap and
Epsom salt for a super easy and effective tile cleaner. Rinse with clear
water. This is one of the most frugal Epsom salt uses, a great way to
save on cleaning supplies and to use a natural alternative to harsh
14. Bedtime bath for kids — Add one cup of Epsom salt to your kids’ evening bath to help them sleep more peacefully.
15. Headache relief — Evidence shows that that soaking in an Epsom salt bath can relieve headache symptoms.
16. Acne — Epsom salt has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties making it a fantastic natural treatment for acne.
17. Remove odor on hands and feet — Add 3 Tablespoons
of Epsom salt to 1 quart of warm water and soak your hands or feet for
15 minutes. This will makes your skin soft, your nails shine, and also
help remove foul odors.
18. Relieve constipation — Pour 8 oz. of drinking water
into a glass, mix with 1 to 2 tsp. of Epsom salt and drink the mixture
for immediate relief of constipation. Mixing directions are also found
on most Epsom salt packages, consult your physician before trying this.
19. Sunburn relief — Dissolve two tablespoons of Epsom salt in 1 cups of water and spray on minor sunburns.
20. Draw out infection — For simple infections on hands
or feet, soak in a hot Epsom salt bath for 10 minutes to help clear the
area. Note, some staph infections are worsened by soaking in hot water,
consult your physician.
21. Cure for common cold — Did you know that Epsom salt
baths can speed healing by detoxifying your body and increasing your
white blood cell count? Try an Epsom salt bath the next time you feel
those first symptoms of a cold.
22. Reduce swelling — Epsom salt baths can help the appearance of bruises and reduce swelling.
23. Deter slugs — Sprinkle a trail of Epsom salt around the area you want to be free of slugs.
24. Blackhead removal — Mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt, 3
drops iodine and half a cup of boiling water. Dab this solution to your
blackheads with a cotton ball to help naturally extract them.
25. Insecticide — Mix Epson salt with water, add to a spray bottle and spray on plants to naturally deter insects.